- Natural Burials at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
- 2017 - Police Remembrance End of Day Reflection
- Father's Day Remembrance Service 2017
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Official Opening and Blessing of Saint Padre Pio Mausoleum
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- School Tours of Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- Events calendar
- Presentations, Tours and Facilities
We are pleased to announce the upcoming release of Murrun Naroon ‘Life Spirit’, a new and unique natural burial option positioned in a beautiful native bushland environment at Bunurong Memorial Park.
We are dedicated to creating unique experiences and work in partnership with our surrounds to support the living throughout their grief journey. In this issue we explore this journey through Glorious food and Flowers, embracing our Community at the Heart, Preserving Culture in our community and upcoming tours and events across all sites.
On Thursday 17 May, the beautiful Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum was officially opened and blessed.
We are delighted to announce that Bunurong Memorial Park was awarded Gold for the Urban Design category in the 2018 Melbourne Design Awards.
Public Notice - Proposed name change
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust is seeking community feedback for the proposal to rename ‘Sorrento Public Cemetery’ as ‘Sorrento Community Cemetery’.
Over 200 people in our community came together to honour our Mothers who are no longer with us.
In a world where change is constant, it is small gestures of kindness that make us uniquely human. Care, compassion
and community are the ordinary virtues that underpin a good society. The Autumn edition of Life focuses on our valued community.
On 12 December 2017, Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) was formally appointed to manage the Sorrento Cemetery (SC).
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust was delighted to recently publish the booklet; Victorian War Heritage – The Rich War History of Springvale War Cemetery and Springvale Botanical Cemetery.
The witness cremation viewing room at the Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP) crematorium was recently recently refurbished.
In early February this year, SMCT was excited to install two works from prominent Australian artists Greg Johns, At the centre (There is nothing) 2012 and Inge King, Jabaroo 1989 at Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP).
“The whole experience unravelled layer upon layer of thought and emotion and challenged to immerse myself in experience, to the point that I was a part of the story.
I loved the final act of giving, a beautiful way to finish!”
SMCT staff Activate Health program resulted in a Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’ category at the 25th National Safety Council of Australia (NSCA) Awards
On 12 December 2017, Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust was formally appointed to manage the Sorrento Public Cemetery.
Over 400 guests attended the 2017 Christmas Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park on 14 December.
The spirit of our first Christmas Carols on the Lawn echoed Brian Eno who said, “When you sing with a group of people, you learn how to subsume yourself into a group consciousness, because acapella singing is all about the immersion of the self into the community...[read more]
Over 500 guests attended the 2017 Children’s Christmas Remembrance Service held at Springvale Botanical Cemetery on 3 December.
This edition includes articles describing our activities and services that ensure we remain a constant advocate for the communities we serve, our people and our industry.
In keeping with our commitment to provide beautiful spaces in which to honour and celebrate life, the family witness cremation viewing room at the Springvale Botanical Cemetery crematorium has recently been refurbished and upgraded.
Understanding Grief: Touchstones in Hope and Healing, was designed to explain the touchstones specifically to grieving families and was delivered by Dr Alan Wolfelt to a capacity audience at The Centre for Care and Wellbeing.
We are delighted to share the recent announcement that Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP) was runner up in the 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards.